Friday, July 29, 2011

My Cricut Craft Room's Christmas in July Blog Hop

Welcome to Erica's My Cricut Craft Room's Christmas in July blog hop!
 You should have come from Laurie's Blog If not please go to  Erica's Cricut Craft Room Blog to start from the beginning....


I love Christmas!  Love everything about it! So I was super excited to sign up to be part of this awesome blog hop.  Who doesn't love Christmas in July!  Especially when it has been so hot this month. It's nice to at least think of cool weather!

For my project I designed a Santa on Christmas morning layout! 
 
Sorry my pictures aren't that great.  I haven't figured out the best way to photograph my layouts yet!
I decided to create my layout as Santa and his elf bringing presents around the tree and stockings! I used quite a few cartridges in this layout:
- Jolly Holidays
- Winter Frolic
- Christmas Cheer
- Joys of the Season
- Christmas
All of the paper was just from my stash in my craft room.  I've been trying to not buy any more paper till I use up the ton of paper I have already.  Instead I just seem to keep on buying new cartridges!!!

I use my Gypsy for all of my designing, so my sizes are little different then if just using your machines alone.
'Merry Christmas' is from the "Jolly Holiday" cartridge.  I cut it at  2.38 inches.
Also from this cart I cut the little elf pulling the cart!  Isn't he adorable! 
 I used my gypsy to hide his face to then use some Peachy Keen stamps face set!  I love those faces!!!
I cut the elf at  2.54 inches

The Santa from above is from the "Winter Frolic" cart.  He was cut with all layers at 4.38 inches.  I also used the gypsy flip function so he would face toward the tree!

The Christmas tree was from the  "Christmas" cart
I cut it at 7 inches.
The ornaments on the tree are from "Christmas Cheer" and "Winter Frolic" and range from 1 - 1.5 inches.
The presents are from "Christmas Cheer" and "Winter Frolic" cart and are cut between 1.15 - 1.5 inches each.


the fireplace is cut from the "Joys of the Season" cart and is 4 inches tall!
The stockings with presents are from "Winter Frolic" and are 1.77 inches.


I hope you enjoyed my layout for this Christmas in July blog hop!  I am so excited to be able to participate in this hop and share my designs with you! 
Your next stop on the hop is:

Jen's Blog    www.mybusycraftylife.blogspot.com

And here is the whole list in case you get lost along the way!
Thanks for hopping!




18 comments:

  1. Really cute Layout!! I love that you are using paper from your "stash" Great way to Craft Green!!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Layout! Great use of all the Christmas carts. I love that you had pics to show the close ups of each cut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this LO... you did a great job on it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a GREAT job on your layout ~ I just love that fireplace! thanks for sharing sweetie....:O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you arranged everything in your layout. It's so cute! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love all the details in this layout! So very nice! TFS!
    Jill
    http://craftwithanangel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this layout! It is so cute!
    I really like that you used more than just a few carts!
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the use of all these cartridges, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very cute layout.

    Dana
    Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the new ideas. I like your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your projects make me want to have CHRISTMAS NOW!!! Love em!

    Blessings,
    Raina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic layout

    ReplyDelete
  13. THis is a really cute LO! I love the little elf pulling the wagon! Very nice work. tfs Tami
    Tambo's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your layout love all the colors. thanks for sharing. you have done a great job.
    abbraddock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete