Sunday, July 31, 2011

Theme Day Sunday - Birthday!

It's theme day Sunday at My Cricut Craft Room today!  Today's theme is birthdays!  Who doesn't love celebrating a birthday!  My daughter's birthday is coming up and she is having a Pinkalicious birthday party!  The Pinkalicious books by Victoria Kann are some of our favorites in this house!  If you've never heard of them it is about a little girl who loves pink cupcakes and eats so many she turns Pink!! My daughter loves the whole series.  So this year we are throwing a Pinkalicious birthday!  I am planning lots of pink decorations and crafts!  I'm sure you will see more on this site as it gets closer!
But for today's theme day I created this Pinkalicious birthday layout!
It is perfect for 2 4x6 pictures.  I usually scrapbook for pictures I already have.  So this is a first for me to design the layout first and then get pictures!  I just have to remember to take 2 vertical pictures at her party!!
This layout uses two cricut cartridges - Sweet Treats and Storybook
I also used my cuttlebug for the first time!  Love it!!!


The large cupcake was cut at 3 inches from the Sweet Treats cart.  The sprinkles were just scraps cut using my scissors.
The #5 candle was cut at 1.5 inches, also from Sweet Treats


The smaller cupcakes were cut at 2 inches each and I used a cuttlebug embossing folder on 3 of the cupcakes.  It is so easy to use a cuttlebug and adds so much to the layout! I love it! I definitely see me using it a lot more!

The Letters in the title are all cut from the Storybook cartridge and then welded together using my gypsy at 1.12 inches!

Well, that's my layout for theme day Sunday! Make sure you check out Erica's My Cricut Craft Room for some more awesome birthday creations! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. very cute gayle, and i think your pictures are just fine.

    ReplyDelete